Tuesday, January 03, 2023

My Creative Journal


Starting today I will be posting here more regularly on the topic of my creative efforts and my exploration of aspects of writing and stimulating creativity. My aim here is to keep a running journal of what works for me and what doesn't.  Also to document my thought process as I strive to reactivate my muse and search for ways to get back to the pleasure of imagining and creating new worlds, whether they be worlds of language or story. 

This week I am committed to spending a bit of time on nailing down my aspirations for 2023. My biggest hope is to improve at balancing my time and efforts.  I have a tendency to get single-minded about tasks, tenaciously spending an excessive number of hours on one thing to the detriment of everything else. Often that's either seminary or occupation related. I'm obsessively focused on being responsible. While it is good to be concentrated on important and purposeful things, I need to develop the disciple of setting aside other things in order to fit in things I aspire to do. 

My other weakness is succumbing to timewasters, especially scrolling through Facebook or looking up the latest news or gossip on Doctor Who, Marvel movies, or Star Trek.  My goal is to set aside those mind-numbing sessions of yielding to click-bait. Time is limited in this life, and there are so many other edifying options. 

If you know me and you happen to find this post, please say a prayer for me, and I also invite you to check-in and hold me accountable for my aspirations. Drop me a line and say something like, "Keith, did you write today?" Thanks in advance. 

No comments: